SGM RAS Open Data Portal
The work on development and realization of Museum Open Data Portal has started in Vernadsky State Geological Museum RAS (SGM RAS) since 2017. A beta version of the Portal is available for Internet users at the moment.
The Portal provides a user with the data sets online. It allows each scientist or teacher/ high school student to analyze, to download and to use SGM RAS data for researches and educational purposes.
Data sets on the Portal are correspond to the main museum collections. The museum currently has 82949 exhibits, 98376 items.
Index DOI will be assigned to each data set in nearest future in order to make each set unique. Thus, data sets with a DOI-index will be identified and will have a permanent link to refer in Internet and scientific publications.
At the moment, using the museum funds data, it is necessary to make a link to Vernadsky State Geological Museum Open Data Portal http://data.sgm.ru.
The works are executed in the frames of State academies of science Fundamental scientific research Program for 2013-2020. The number and name of fundamental research field: 138 «Scientific basis for the development of methods, technologies and tools for research of Earth surface and depths, atmosphere, including Earth’s ionosphere and magnetosphere, hydrosphere and cryosphere; numerical modeling and geoinformatics (spatial data infrastructure and GIS technologies)». Program № 0140-2015-0006 «Development of an automated informational-analytical system for recording, storing and analyzing information on museum items with reference to geological collections».
- Vera V. Naumova, doctor of geological mineralogical sciences, chief of department, scientific leader;
- Vitaly S. Eremenko, junior scientific researcher;
- Iraida A. Starodubtseva, candidate of geological mineralogical sciences, chief custodian, chief of department;
- E.Yu. Zakrevskaya, doctor of geological mineralogical sciences, leading researcher;
- Vera B. Basova, candidate of biological sciences, researcher;
- M.I. Patuk, candidate of geological mineralogical sciences, programmer;
- S.E. Dyakov, programmer.
- Zagumennov A.A., programmer.
Vera V. Naumova, doctor of geological mineralogical sciences, chief of department, scientific leader
Iraida A. Starodubtseva, candidate of geological mineralogical sciences, chief custodian, chief of department